Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - DI2E Lead in Boulder, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking to develop your career as a Systems Engineer?
The GNOME Integration DI2E Systems Engineer will be a technical support role to the GNOME Integration Lead to provide the focused ownership and maintenance of the IPT-level GNOME JIRA and GNOME Confluence workspaces within DI2E. The concept of this DI2E Systems Engineer role is to establish/organize/maintain those workspaces, gather pertinent technical information from development organizations to ensure required data is posted to those workspaces, and prepare technical meeting materials to support the Lead Integrator in coordinating and managing the GNOME BDRs and system integration and verification efforts. The DI2E Systems Engineer will perform the following functions:
• Establishing, organizing, and maintaining an IPT-level DI2E GNOME JIRA deficiency database via the FORGE DRDB for all product teams and stakeholders to report, track, and status GNOME system deficiencies
o This includes determining/defining/implementing an organizational structure, necessary data/fields, filters, queries, labels, etc to provide an organized and effective DR repository for all stakeholders to use
• Establishing, organizing, and maintaining an IPT-level DI2E GNOME Confluence workspace as the repository for build tracking, status, and version control awareness across GNOME development organizations
o This includes determining/defining/implementing an organizational structure, page hierarchy, etc to provide an organized and effective informational workspace for all stakeholders to use
o This also includes coordinating and publishing documentations, schedules, meeting notes, and program updates.
• Managing account access and permissions to those workspaces
• Coordinating with the GNOME development organizations to ensure all required build maturity, test/demonstration results, and requirement satisfaction information is entered into JIRA and/or Confluence to support BDRs and other technical review and approval events
• Preparing metrics (e.g., charts, graphs, burndowns, and other visual artifacts) from the JIRA and Confluence information to support BDRs and other meetings
• Supporting the Lead Integrator in required TIMs and technical discussions needed to address issue analysis and define resolution approaches related to system integration efforts
• Maintaining T&C database version descriptions on DI2E Confluence GNOME workspace, including listings of software tools and processes required for database validation within FORGE-C2
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Great interpersonal skills working in a team environment
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills
• Experience with Board Review management and documentation
• Experience with Atlassian JIRA and/or Confluence
• Experience building schedules and managing dependencies
• Experience with systems integration and/or test to coordinate and validate build maturity and test results
• Ability to obtain Top Secret security clearance
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Previous Atlassian Administrator experience
• Prior experience with Satellite systems - ground preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.