Aerotek Solar Construction Site Manager in Boulder, Colorado
6+ ground mounted solar projects over various parts of Colorado.
Extensive travel will be necessary. Relocation reimbursement negotiable.
Projects are planned until October 2023 and additional projects will most likely be lined up.
The Construction Site Manager will be responsible for managing, executing and supervising all construction activities on an assigned project site. We are looking for an experienced construction site manager who will have demonstrated leadership and excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing. The Construction Site Manager will provide management discipline, direction, supervision and leadership for the project. Work to be located at assigned project site.
• Support the completion of preliminary engineering, detailed specifications and construction and supply contracts.
• Monitor and oversee all civil, structural, mechanical and electrical work on the project to ensure it meets contractual obligations; maintain a hands-on approach to training, quality assurance and supporting sub-contractors’ in-field work efforts.
• Review and be familiar with vendor requirements and assure that equipment is installed in a manner so as not to void warranties.
• Take proactive lead position in learning specific technical details for solar PV project racking installation details.
• Contribute to the development of construction plans and schedules.
• Maintain strong presence in front of sub-contractor(s), supporting and managing sub-contractors execution of work while maintain high quality standards.
• Manage project construction activities, ensuring Honor, Teamwork, Quality, Schedule, Cost, Safety, Environmental and Landowner requirements are met or exceeded.
• Ensure all quality assurance programs are fully administered and complied with.
• Complete final testing of installed project components; coordinate start-up and commissioning of plant with Commissioning Specialists.
• Direct the execution of work in accordance with approved contracts and ensure compliance.
• Provide a safe and secure project site for all project participants.
• Develop effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, landowners and the community.
• Develop effective and supportive relationships with colleagues.
• Provide supervision and guidance to subordinate staff.
• Become completely familiar with all project documents.
• Assist in developing the basic plan for executing and controlling the project.
• Assist in the preparation of project procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of the project schedule.
• Coordinate onsite issues with client and other team members.
• Review and maintain a system for decision-making within the project team whereby decisions are made at the proper level.
• Foster and develop a spirit of project team effort.
• Assist in resolution of differences or problems.
• Anticipate and avoid or minimize potential problems by maintaining current knowledge of overall site project status.
• Review project activities for conformity to all Code and Standard provisions.
• Maintain effective communications with all team members
• Accredited university degree (engineering or construction management preferred)
• Field experience in managing power projects is preferred.
• Working knowledge of state, federal and insurance regulations as well as requirements that apply to major power plant design and construction projects.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop management control programs.
• Be proficient in short and long range planning techniques.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Positive ‘Can-do’ attitude.
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and analyze situations.
• Thorough understanding of construction contracts and associated paperwork requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to give presentations and perform training in both the management and technical areas, in addition to developing such programs.
• Demonstrated people skills, both inside and outside the project team, such as motivation, team building, conflict resolution, and resource allocation.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.