The Salvation Army Sales Associate/Material Handler in Boulder, Colorado
Sales Associate/Material Handler
ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
JOB TITLE: SALES ASSOCIATE/MATERIAL HANDLER
STATUS: PART - TIME
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: STORE MANAGER
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register
• Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, fellow store employees, customers and donors.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
• Ability to operate a telephone
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensure Customer/Donor needs are met by greeting all Customers and Donors and giving prompt, courteous assistance.
Stock priced items ready to be merchandised on the sales floor in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
Sort donations to be processed in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
Assist in the maintenance of the store to keep it clean, neat and organized. Perform cleaning duties as assigned by Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor and District Sales Manager.
• Cleaning Windows
• Cashwrap Area
• Fitting Rooms
• Stockroom and Breakroom
• Sweeping and Mopping
• Donation Area
• Maintains assigned department within the store per TSA Merchandising Standards.
Follow all POS/Cash Register Policies in accordance with TSA Policies and Procedures.
Maintain safety standards and report any hazards/problems to the managers.
Follow all HR policies and procedures.
Attend required Monthly Store Meetings.
Follows all Dress Code Policy in accordance with the TSA Policies and Procedures.
Work schedules are determined by Management and employee must be flexible to ensure adequate store coverage at all times.
Part-time associates may be scheduled to work any part-time shift including evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Receive, unload, and stock incoming inventory items accurately and efficiently.
Provide Quality Assurance by inspecting products for defects and damages.
Maintain and clean up the area in and around the donation trailer/pod at the beginning and end of each shift.
Courteously assist the donor in the removal of all donated items from the donor’s vehicle and provide receipt.
Separate and sort all donated material into the proper containers, and properly stack material as instructed by the Store Manager.
Perform other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by the Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor and District Sales Manager and Command Administration.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)