Google Regional Facilities Manager in Boulder, Colorado
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Chicago, IL, USA; Boulder, CO, USA
As a Regional Facilities Manager in the Real Estate and Workplace Services Organization, you will bring experience in management and leadership and be able to take responsibility for leading a team in all aspects of facilities services and operations for a designated geographical region. This role will include managing Real Estate and Workplace Services projects and service delivery across functions, departments and business units. You will take initiative and be accountable as you align and collaborate with other Real State and Workplace Services (REWS) team members to deliver a unified approach with our business and executive partners.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Work with the REWS management team on a strategic level to create, implement and manage operational objectives and processes in a region-wide setting, while remaining adaptable to the constantly changing environment. Navigate multiple stakeholders, varying priorities and high-level communications across different settings.
- Be responsible for delivering Google's diverse programs, services and agreements, providing strategic direction and leadership to remote facilities teams who oversee both building operations (i.e., repairs and maintenance, HVAC, janitorial) and manage the daily operations of the site (e.g., reception and mail services, occupancy planning and moves, EHS programs, etc). Manage individual and team performance, focusing on developing future talent and leaders in the organization and growing and inspiring the team.
- Act as a partner and build effective relationships with business leaders to enhance their experience. Effectively communicate REWS mission and strategies to executive management through timely, relevant, thorough and tailored communications.
- Be accountable for regional operating budgets from the development of annual plans, to forecast and tracking of monthly/quarterly finances. Collaborate with finance team members to analyze and report on financial trends for sites and regions.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency and best practices across regions, often with group decision-making and goal setting. Provide strategic input for real estate decisions, including office build-outs, expansions, downsizing, consolidations and acquisitions and work cross-functionally with other internal support organizations, such as IT, HR, Finance and Legal to ensure cohesive delivery of services.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of experience in operations management and workplace service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management or equivalent office management experience within a large organization.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time across offices within your region as required.
- Master's degree.
- Certifications related to the industry (e.g., CFM, FMA).
- Experience developing and managing budgets, including capital budget justification, with excellent financial, contract management and purchasing skills.
- Experience affecting strategic change and initiatives where prudent and scaling this work on a broader level. Experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards, acting with integrity in all business transactions. Experience in agreement management.
- Ability to think out of the box and provide creative and innovative solutions. Ability to influence at all levels and lead teams through change management with excellent people performance management and leadership skills.
- Ability to speak more than one language fluently and idiomatically.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.