Raytheon Technologies Supply Chain Compliance Specialist II (Paralegal) in Aurora, Colorado
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is looking for a Supply Chain Compliance Specialist, also known within the organization as a paralegal.
This role will assist the Supply Chain Advising Team to ensure procurement activities are in compliance with company policy, customer prime contracts, applicable laws, and rules and regulations (i.e. FAR, DFARS, agency specific rules and regulations).
The majority of this position will require in-depth and careful review of terms and conditions contained in software end user license agreements (EULAs), focusing on Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) licenses, in order to determine the permitted use and restrictions of software in Raytheon technical solutions. This role conducts thorough search, review and posting of guidance, in coordination with RIS Supply Chain Advising, for specific Free & Open Source Software (FOSS) products, within a central repository utilized by the RIS organization.
This position may also be called upon to:
• Create flow through documents (a.k.a Material Contract Briefs) from customer prime contracts to ensure that all contractually required terms and conditions are flowed to Raytheon's supply base;
• Review non-complex purchase orders, terms and conditions for compliance with Company policy and law and make recommendations to Supply Chain Advising;
• Research legal issues, apply facts, analyze information and recommend solutions;
Prepare/draft/edit legal and contractual documentation;
• Conduct special projects, such as policy or process analysis and writing.
Supports RIS employees in various locations.
• Minimum of 2 years paralegal experience.
• Must have a strong ability to analyze terms and conditions, articulate them into a summary and develop options to comply with those terms and conditions. The effective candidate will be very analytical with the ability to infer meaning from written and oral material;
• Must have precise attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal directions;
• Must have a strong ability to think with common sense in situations that are not always black and white;
• Requires excellent collaboration skills, excellent oral and written skills, and a cheerful ‘can do’ attitude, but the ability to be assertive when necessary to comply with company and legal requirements;
• Must be able to take on projects with limited supervision;
• Must have strong internet research and investigative skills;
• Ability to understand procurement process and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR);
• Ability to develop expertise in commercial software licensing, procurement attachments, company policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Ability to learn new skills;
• Desire to take on challenges in a fast paced environment;
• Certificate in paralegal services preferred.
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's degree in Law, Business administration or similar business oriented degree.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
$64,000 - $84,200
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.172572
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.