HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Student Nurse Extern PRN- Cardiac Care in Aurora, Colorado
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Student Nurse Extern.*The Medical Center of Aurora*,the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North CampusBehavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza,Saddle Rock ER,Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora has received seven consecutive ‘A’ grades from The Leapfrog Group (Fall 2016 - Spring 2019), was Colorado’s only hospital to receive the Leapfrog Top General Hospital designation two years in a row (2016, 2017), was recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015, 2017-2018, 2018-2019), and was namedto Healthgrades 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes. The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
Highlights about The Medical Center of Aurora:
Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora).
Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza).
Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospital Rankings.
Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus.
Level III NICU at our Main Campus.
Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016.
State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus.
Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center.
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation.
Affiliate of HealthONE, Denver’s largest healthcare system
*Position Summary: *The Student Nurse Tech assists in the provision of individualized nursing care based on the developmental needs of the patient under the direction of a registered nurse and in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice. The Student Nurse Tech is responsible for obtaining and charting of vital signs HR, BP, temp, RR, assisting with ADL’s, and measuring of I’s and O’s.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration:BLS-Healthcare provider from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
- Education: Must be currently enrolled in an approved school of nursing; successful completion of at least one full semester of clinical nursing that includes nursing fundamentals
- Experience: Must have experience in basic nursing fundamentals including checking vital signs and charting. Proof of competencies required from school of nursing.
- *Special Qualifications: *Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills
- Degree of Supervision Required:* Involves general guidance and direction by the Patient Care Director, Nurse Manager and Unit Charge Nurse. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties under the direction of a registered nurse and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Student Nurse Extern PRN- Cardiac Care
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-98819