Colorado State University-Global Campus Provost in Aurora, Colorado
CSU Global is seeking a Provost to provide vision and leadership to advance the work of the university toward mission achievement. The Provost, serving as Chief Academic Officer, has the primary responsibility of ensuring integrity of the university’s academic and educational activities, including but not limited to accreditation, educational policies, programs, processes, and personnel as it relates to its strategic plan. The Provost will be responsible for leadership of the university’s academic reputation, quality and innovation leading to graduates’ workplace success through: 1) management and oversight of faculty, academic and workplace-focused curriculum, 2) accreditation processes, 3) learning resources, 4) productive relationships with education and private industry partners, and 4) the identification and development of innovative educational programs that broaden and deepen CSU Global’s relationships with students and lifelong learners. The Provost will promote the effective collaboration among academic, student, and operational activities that support student success and retention, while supporting institutional initiatives that lead to broader CSU Global success. The ideal candidate is flexible, driven, and tenacious; someone who can effectively inspire teams to focus on the possibilities and achieve results. The position reports to the President and requires an on-campus presence. Remote opportunities are available.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student academic and professional success in a global society, by providing access to dynamic education characterized by excellence, innovative delivery technologies, industry relevance, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: Colorado State University Global is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for modern learners around the world.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
• Advance the university’s mission through the development of university wide academic goals and strategies leading to workplace-focused educational curricula and activities
• The initiation of productive relationships with education and private industry partners.
• Identification and development of innovative educational programs that broaden and deepen CSU Global’s relationships with students and lifelong learners.
• Develop pathways that can provide new revenue streams
• Lead transparency and accountability in the academic management department through effective scorecard frameworks, program profit & loss data, and strategic planning in line with annual budgeting, long-term financial plans, and university goals.
• Provide oversight of assessment and accreditation processes, institutional data, strategic research initiatives, academic integrity, and academic quality.
• Acts as the University Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) and manages all official communication with the Higher Learning Commission
• Directly responsible for the management of Academic Units but including but not limited to Program Management, Instructional Faculty Management, Assessment, and Accreditation
• Support faculty and staff in ways that ensure effective student learning resources and positive student experiences.
• Final decision maker on Provost Appeals
• Investigates and provides decisions on student complaints that are academic in nature
• Evaluates and provides recommendations on academic and student policies
• Leads data driven committees and task forces to improve student outcomes.
• Act as the university Chief Academic Officer and act as the University Representative on State Councils, System, and Board meetings to present data and keep the university abreast of any changes occurring
• Participates as a voting member of the University’s Governance Council and leads the Curriculum and Faculty Affairs Committees.
• Strategic Leadership
• Budget Management
• Community Engagement
• Team Building
• Problem Solving
• Performance Management
• Effective Communication skills, both verbal and written
• Data Driven Decision Making
• Accountability: We are responsible for our own actions, for those of our department, and for our university as we strive to be amazing.
• Problem Solving: We identify solutions to facilitate student and CSU Global success through nontraditional industry methods and progressive solutions that are effective, efficient, and innovative.
• Professionalism: We treat all others as we wish to be treated and as we wish to be defined by others.
• Results Driven: We drive student success in a global society through education, services, and support.
• Teamwork: We don’t just talk about teamwork; we exhibit it in the way that we interact, consult each other, resolve issues, and respect each other’s contributions.
• Work Knowledge: We're a learning organization that is always evolving and is committed to continual improvement.
Experience & Education Requirements:
• Terminal degree in education leadership and/or organizational development or related area from a regionally accredited institution.
• Ten or more years combined experience in higher education administration and instruction and research, with progressive leadership including a Dean role and management over curriculum development and faculty ranks.
• Five or more years’ experience working in a fast-paced, innovative nontraditional environment focused on asynchronous online education preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience working with and presenting to university systems, state entities, and other higher education agencies.
• Proven ability to forge an effective academic management and leadership team; and in understanding and ensuring regulation, compliance, and industry best practices as required and/or expected by federal and state governments, independent auditing firms, CSU System requirements, and CSU Global expectations.
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Applications must include: resume; cover letter addressing interest and qualifications; names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews. All applications should be in Microsoft Word format.
Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
CSU Global offers employer contributions to medical, dental, group life, AD&D coverage, Wellness benefit and training & development opportunities. Additional employee-paid benefits are available for vision, FSA/HSA, voluntary life, and voluntary AD&D coverage, critical illness and accident insurance. CSU Global also offers a 401a retirement account with a generous employer match, 100% tuition assistance for CSU Global programs (Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees), paid sick time, paid vacation time, 10 holidays per year and the potential to work remotely. CSU Global employees are state employees and have access to the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) resources. Discounted pet insurance is also available.
The appointed candidate must pass a verification of background and other checks such as education and employment.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.
Job ID: 2020-1928
Street: 585 Salida Way