Raytheon Technologies Principal Cyber Engineer-Aurora, Colorado in Aurora, Colorado
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Cyber-implementation Engineer to join the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC).
The Cyber-implementation Engineer will support a heterogeneous mix of servers, workstations, and custom hardware, and provide backbone design support for the operational system of a critical, strategic national asset. The ideal candidate would be responsible for assessing cyber design for compliance to government standards, assisting product teams with interpretation of cyber requirements, assessing adequacy of cyber implementation to defined requirements, and conducting self-assessments of systems for satisfying ATO requirements. The Cyber-implementation Engineer will be a self-starter, have an engineering background and mindset, and be able to troubleshoot complex problems. This position may require some on call support and overtime as well as limited (<10%) travel for installation and troubleshooting support.
US citizenship and able to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance required
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Minimum of 8 years of related work experience
• Experience hardening systems to various government standards (e.g., NIST SP 800-53, DoDI 8500.01, ICD 503, JSIG) – ability to interpret and customize solutions
• In-depth LINUX knowledge and experience
• Understanding of systems engineering and processes including requirement
• Experience implementing cyber security controls
• Experience implementing security architectures/designs including cloud and network infrastructure
• Experience developing and executing test procedures to sell-off requirements
• Some C++/Java coding experience
• DoD 8570.01-M compliance certification
• Familiarity with highly virtualized environments
• Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code
• Familiarity with secure coding principles
• Familiarity with Tenable/Nessus, other automated compliance/vulnerability scanners
• Familiarity with static code analysis
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and oral
• Experience implementing cyber in a containerized environment
• Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps concepts
• Familiarity with EVMS
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
Requires a Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $98,700 to $187,500; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.178540
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.