Staples Learning & Development Coach- Sales in Aurora, Colorado
This position is responsible for delivering training that supports the different learning strategies across multiple Staples Business Advantage sales teams.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working with the Learning Advisors and Design team to provide expertise during design and development of sales training programs
• Facilitating sales training that is engaging both virtually and in person
• Tracking key metrics and sales performance and providing feedback to the Learning Advisors and management team
• Reinforcing key learnings by facilitating follow-up sessions and leveraging technology
• Setting clear expectations with Area Sales Managers, Mentors and Training Participants regarding their roles in the learning process
• Proactively suggesting new training strategies and approaches that continue to enhance training effectiveness
• Becoming an expert of the Six Disciplines of Learning
In addition to facilitating actual sessions, the L&D Coach will be responsible for organizing and coordinating pre-work and deploying performance support to ensure learning transfer occurs and is retained. Activities in this area include:
• Conducting 30, 60, 90 day check-ins with participants.
• Executing post program surveys of managers and training participants.
• Facilitating coaching support sessions to ensure skills are applied and retained.
• Playing a critical role to ensure managers are aware of the core behaviors being taught and reinforced.
• Providing managers with the performance support tools needed to help reinforce learning so each manager can facilitate and develop supportive coaching relationships with each learner.
The L&D Coach needs to fully understand the business/skills they support and the challenges faced by each sales team. Training must be engaging, realistic and include key examples and case studies. The coach needs to be up to date on the latest technologies and leverage technology to be as efficient as possible.
The L&D Coach will work closely with team members to schedule events and ensure all scenarios and role play examples are pertinent to the business.
The L&D Coach will need to clearly demonstrate the ability to conduct engaging training programs within live and virtual settings. They will need to ensure the audience is engaged throughout the entire training process by using the latest technology and training techniques.
This position acts as a facilitator of performance to ensure skills trained are being retained and applied. Along with other factors, success in this role will be measured by the performance of the sales teams both in the short and long term, and the efforts made with the management teams to implement a strong and lasting sales culture.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 3+ years of outside sales, B2B sales experience
• Minimum 2+ years of training/facilitation experience
• Strong relationship builder and effective coach
• Ability to work effectively and influence sales managers and directors
• Working independently and sound decision making and judgment
• Strong facilitation skills
• Flexible and adaptive
• Effective at collaborating across business units and levels
• Strong organizational skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.