Arapahoe County Administrative Services Document Specialist in Aurora, Colorado
The Administrative Services Document Specialist is responsible for various administrative duties and the coordination of projects/activities throughout the Community Resources Department.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non essential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Contract Administration:
- Responsible for input, tracking, and facilitating execution of contracts through the Contract Insight system.
- Creates and maintains filing system of fully executed contracts.
- Collaborates with staff and Legal to determine appropriate format for contracts and maintains approved contract templates and updates as necessary.
- Creates informational materials to educate management on contract types and functions.
- Tracks expiration dates of contracts, informs responsible parties, and assists in renewal activities.
- Works with program and accounting staff to ensure necessary information transfer.
- Responds to request from staff for contract pulls.
- Policies and Guidelines Documentation and Training:
- Serves as project coordinator in developing and maintaining a single repository for all Arapahoe County and Community Resources Policies, Procedures, Guidelines, and applicable work documentation.
- Creates and conducts annual audit process for policy review and updates.
- Develops and provides training/ informational sessions on Policies, Guidelines, and Processes, and various other resources within expertise area to the entire department.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining Departments FEMA Incident Command online course completions and applicable reporting.
- Drives retention initiatives and oversees the electronic workflow of documents and retention metrics.
Manage new employee on-boarding process.
- Create and oversee a monthly departmental newsletter/communication medium and shared internal repository for community forms/documents/policies.
- Serves as back up for the Office Coordinator when necessary.
Business Process Improvement Management:
Works with the Community Resources Admin team on business process improvement initiatives.
- Assists with the development and documentation and subsequent training of policies and processes that support initiatives.
- May serve as project manager for initiatives as directed.
Liaison for the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District Cultural Council (SCFD), to include accepting grant applications, contacting council members, ordering name badges, coordination of annual check ceremony, and taking of Council meeting minutes.
- Serves as the department coordinator for COOP Plan.
Serves as the point of contact for Arapahoe Learns training within the division. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Intermediate Microsoft Word and Power Point skills, including the ability to create graphical presentations that display data in a clean, concise and easily understood manner.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, to include the ability to create formulas, pivot tables and graphs.
- Intermediate Microsoft Outlook skills, to include strong skills in calendar management and setting up meeting requests.
- Proven ability to lead and influence project teams.
- Ability to identify process improvements or gaps in efficiencies, analyze possible courses of action, and make practical recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, co-workers and the general public.
- Integrity Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Five or more years of office administrative experience.
Any equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfy the requirements of the job may be considered.
- Experience leading and coordinating internal projects and initiatives
- Experience creating and maintaining document/records systems
- Experience working within Community Resources, which includes an understanding of grants, contracts, and internal policies and procedures.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which includes an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) check and background check. Supplemental Information
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- No unusual physical demands are associated with this position.
- Spends 80% of the time sitting and 20% of the time either standing or walking.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 20 lbs.
- Uses cart, dolly, or other equipment to carry in excess of 25 lbs.
- Occasionally climbs, stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls and crouches while performing office or work duties.
- Verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication through automated devices, such as telephones, radios, and similar; and in public meetings and personal interactions.
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery or equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other work-related equipment.
Definitions: Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time. Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time. Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
*Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application, first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching) it.*
Salary: $22.82 - $34.24 Hourly
Location: CO 80120, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Community Resources Department
Job Number: 04297
Closing: 4/15/2021 11:59 PM Mountain
Agency: Arapahoe County
Address: 5334 S. Prince Street Littleton, Colorado, 80120
Phone: (303) 795-4482