Rose International INC Accountant in Aurora, Colorado
Position Title: Accountant
Position Number: 294228
Location: Aurora, CO
Desired Skill Set:
Finance Reporting, MS Access, MS Excel, Word Processing
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Title: Accountant Specialist
Duration: 1+ Months
Location: Aurora, CO, 80014
Responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, payroll transactions and premium and claims transactions, for the completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the production of financial and regulatory reports, based on those records. Other responsibilities include performing account analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports, and coordination and management of account reporting and filings. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and divisions. Accounting policies and procedures are established to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Findings and recommendations are presented to senior management.
• Ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Manage analysis of balance sheet and P&L transactions.
• Monitor Investment schedule.
• Manage reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
• Supervise month-end close activities and preparation of interim and year-end audit schedules, and communicate risk and opportunity to controller.
• Ensure accurate and timely Regulatory filings, reporting and registration.
• Prepare recommendations relative to the accounting of reserve, assets & expenditures.
• Take leadership role for accounting related system project initiatives.
• Maintain business partnerships with other client departments, locations and regions, and internal customers/suppliers.
• Make staffing decisions with direction from the Controller and manage accounting team performance, promote a team environment and provide work direction and guidance.
• Identify and implement productivity and process improvements. Develop and implement system and procedural control enhancements and changes.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of General Accounting Policy and Procedure manuals in coordination with Financial Reporting.
• Ensure company adherence to policies and procedures.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement:
• Bachelor''s degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
• Minimum eight (8) years of accounting experience.
• Experience in a large corporate environment.
• Experience with development/implementation of financial systems.
• Expertise in GAAP, internal controls, accounting procedures, payroll tax laws and project management.
• Excellent spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word), and database (Access) skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required.
• Understanding of systems development life cycle, change control, quality assurance and database concepts.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Preferred Work Experience:
• Experience in a large corporate environment with one of the ""big four"" accounting firms preferred.
• Insurance industry experience highly desirable.
• CPA highly preferred.
Additional Job Details:
SOX/Internal Controls experience required. CPA preferred. Industry/audit mixed experience preferred.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)