Newell Brands Full-Time Assistant Store Manager in Aspen, Colorado
Position Title: Full-Time Assistant Store Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Location: Aspen, CO
Leadership Support - Assist the Manager in setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together. Assist in Planning and Execution - Work with the Manager in developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results. Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities. Associate Development & Team Building - Providing Associates with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams.
• Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
• Displays a "customer comes first" attitude by training and holding associates accountable for delivering great customer service.
• Help the Manager in driving the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of ExOfficio.
• Assist the Manager in Planning. Identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store associates to ensure smooth flow of operations.
• Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
• Monitors store staffing levels to ensure associate development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
• Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the store team. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
• Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt associates and minors.
• Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
• Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store. Tools include Monthly Status Report, Quarterly Review, expense management and inventory management.
• Uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute district and regional initiatives. Resources include Marketing, Inventory, Sales and Operational support.
• Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
• Actively manages store associates by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance. Manages ongoing associate performance using performance management.
• Progressively responsible retail experience (3 years)
• Supervision (1 year)
• Experience analyzing financial reports
• College degree in business or a closely related field may substitute for a portion of the required experience
• High school or GED
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.